Orange is the New Black What?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The Netflix series Orange is the New Black came to St. Ambrose last week, but with a spin.

On Feb. 6, 100 students gathered in the Rogo Ballroom for a formal event. The theme was Orange is the New Black Tie—clever right?? The event was sponsored by SAU Dance Marathon in hope to raise money for the kids at the Iowa Children’s Hospital.

SAU students wore their best attire and danced the evening away. There was food, drink, and a photo booth featuring mug shots? (See photo below to understand) Nick Stackhouse was the man of the hour as the DJ who stole the show.

I’m sure many of you know about Dance Marathon but it is a yearlong fundraising event to benefit children at the Iowa Children’s Hospital through the Children’s Miracle Network. Last year, SAU Dance Marathon raised $132,148 with help from 688 dancers!

To register for dance marathon visit www.saudm.org!

The formal event was a huge success! SAU DM PR/Marketing director Shelby Leemans was more than excited to see to see the final number of students that attended and the amount of money raised! The event cost little to no money to put on, so the money raised was pure profit.

Dancers are the heart of Dance Marathon. Without them, SAU DM would not be possible. Students practiced their dance moves for the Big Event which is March 28–so keep dancing Bees! As always, FTK!

photo credit: SAU Dance Marathon 

Im Alyssa. I dance and sing for fun (not always well).Im way too sassy for my own good and cant wait to start my career. 
Her Campus at SAU