Nostalgic Saturdays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

When I was a little girl I lived in Pella, Iowa. Pella is a small town south of Des Moines, Iowa. The town’s unique Dutch theme and quaint town square makes a great place to visit. I recently took a trip to my past and experienced things that I thought I forgot. As a young girl, my parents would take me to the town square where I would get donut holes and cookies from a local bakery called Jaarsma Bakey. Granted I haven’t been to this bakery in about seventeen years, but I got out of my car and knew exactly where it was located. I walked into this Bakery and instantly was filled with an aroma of pastries. I came for the legendary “Dutch Letter” pastry. Instead, I walked out with a box of six. The day was beautiful, sunny and warm. It was the perfect day to visit  somewhere that has meaning to me. The town’s square is later filled with an abundant amount of tulips for the Tulip Festival in the Spring time. If your ever on a road trip, and looking for something unique and exciting to go visit, take a trip to this small, but tasteful town of ethnicity and treats!

Hi readers! My name is Mary Blesz! I am a sophomore at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. I am double majoring in Marketing and Management, with minors in Public Relations and Organizational Leadership! I am involved with Residence Life on campus, and also cannot wait to help with St. Ambrose's Dance Marathon! Helping out the kids is such a fulfilling thing I have done in the past and can't wait to see where this goes! FTK (For the Kids!)When I am not busy with the mountian full of homework I always have, I will normally be seen with all my friends! My friends are great group of people that I have met here at Ambrose! College has opened my eyes to so many new people! It is kind of interesting to me to meet people from all over; like Chicago (lots of my friends are from the area) and even people who loved in the same hometown!!!I have a huge "passion for fashion." I love to see what is most popular, and incorporate the latest trends within my own style. My style has a mixture of what my mood of the day is! One day I can pull out the high-waisted shorts and the crop top and flaunt my ombre hair, and then another day, wear the classic peplum top, with my hair pulled into a fashionable bun! I love reading about the latest trends and expressing it through my own personal style! I hope you enjoy what I can share with you through my own experiences and stories! Enjoy!!!!
Her Campus at SAU