Melissa Borst ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is a senior psychology major, biology minor who hails from Chicago suburbia (Homer Glen, to be exact). Meet Melissa Borst. When she isn’t powering through her mounds of physics and psychology homework, you can usually find her either running, lifting, playing Intramural volleyball, or working as a respite caregiver for individuals with special needs. She is incredibly active with the Psychology Club and Psi Chi Honors Society for which she is the President. She loves being involved with the Psych Club/Psi Chi because of “the positive energy and working with others with the goal to help people.”

She also highly recommends that freshmen get involved on campus as soon as possible because for her, being involved with Psych Club/Psi Chi was a great opportunity for her to meet new people and academic clubs always look good on resumes.

In the rare bits of free time Melissa has left, she enjoys reading and binge watching House on Netflix.

Upon graduation in the spring, this busy bee is planning on attending graduate school for Physical Therapy. She hasn’t nailed down a speciality yet (though she would like to eventually  be a fitness instructor or personal trainer), but she’s not too worried. Her life motto after all is “don’t worry, be happy”. She loves to live in the moment and take in every experience she can. In fact, she’s so adventurous, she actually went skydiving over the summer!

She looks up to her parents as her role models in life “I wouldn’t have come this far in life without them,” she says. “They’ve given me all the opportunities I’ve had and I feel very blessed to have them.” She also has a younger brother who has just started his own college adventure at Joliet Junior College.

Her Campus at SAU