Keaton Connell, ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Name
: Keaton Connell

Relationship Status: Single

Age: 21

Year in school: Senior

Hometown: Clinton, Iowa

Employment: Starbucks

Career goals: I am a music major, and I want to DMA in choral conducting and be a professional choral conductor

Favorite food: I really love sushi, but I’m not too sure I can decide on a favorite.

Dream vacation destination: I have never been to Europe, so I would love to go on a European tour.

Hobbies: I love doing anything pertaining to music– such as singing, playing the piano, etc.  I love to run and work out, but I also really love to lounge and watch movies!

Favorite book: It’s a tough choice! I don’t think I have a single favorite, but I last read The Shack, and it was very good!

Perfect first date:

I think the first date should start off with a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant.  After—depending on the weather—we would get some ice cream or coffee for dessert.  Then we could go for a walk through the prettiest park, next to a lake, or on the riverfront.  We would talk to each other until there was nothing else to talk about.

Once you have reached that point, take her home, walk her to her door, kiss her goodnight, and be on your way.  Hopefully it all went so well that she’ll want a second date.

Traits you look for in a girl:

Obviously it’s ideal to be interested in someone who you have a lot of things in common with, but this isn’t always the case for me.  Although there are some specific things I would like her to care about, differences are interesting and can sometimes be the most attractive thing. I look for a girl who is open-minded, caring, honest and “real”—someone who isn’t afraid to tell it like it is.

She should have some interest in music and care about her fitness. Confidence is huge for me! Every girl is different and has great attributes and characteristics that other girls don’t have. It is the confidence in herself and her characteristics that really catch my eye.

Blondes or brunettes: I don’t have a preference here! A girl can be gorgeous with either color. It’s just how she pulls it off.

What is your guilty pleasure song?

“Safety Dance” by: Men at Work.  It’s a pretty hilarious song.

What is the sexiest thing a girl can wear?

I mean, dresses and skirts are nice, but I like girls in jeans, a v-neck tee and maybe a track jacket or cardigan. There is also something about yoga outfits and workout clothes that grab my attention.

What is the first thing you notice in a girl?

A lot of times confidence can get my attention, but usually it’s the fitness level of the girl.

Do you like when the girl makes the first move?

I would rather make the first move.  If I like someone I want to be the one to show it. It would be pretty strange if girls were to make the move, but then again there are times when you’re uncertain and try to plan what to do in your head, so you almost wish she would, but overall I think it’s the guy’s job to do it.

Mary is a senior at St. Ambrose University majoring in English and journalism. She is originally from Naperville, IL and hopes to one day be back in Chicago. In the past Mary has interned for Sourcebooks, a publishing company in Naperville, and this past year she studied abroad in London and interned at Parliament. She hopes to one day be an editor in publishing at a magazine or at a publishing group like Penguin. Besides being the founding editor of Her Campus St. Ambrose, Mary is also a writing tutor at St. Ambrose. In her free time, she loves to travel, hang out with family and friends, and shop a little bit too much at Gap and J. Crew!