Dorm Decorating Tips

Posted -
Tagged
Location: 
St. Ambrose University
United States
US

Turn that Dorm from Drab to Fab this Fall

25 of the Most Well-Designed Dorm Rooms Perfect for Decor Inspiration | StyleCaster

It’s been about a month since we all moved in to campus and that means that maybe our rooms are finally starting to look a little less like the prison blocks on OITNB and more like actually ROOM GOALS!

sad crying orange is the new black oitnb piper chapman GIF

That being said, if you are someone struggling to turn your dorm into a masterpiece worth spending your time in or you are someone just looking for a few additional tips - this is for you!!!

GoPop beforeafter dorm messy room thungo GIF

Now hopefully you aren’t sleeping on the bare shiny blue mattress (shout out to those Cosgrove beds) and have some cute sheets and bedding!

But I highly recommend adding some throw pillows and blankets to add comfort and cuteness! Don’t go crazy...you only have a twin sized bed and the space fills up a lot faster than your full sized at home!

“I love people. And I want to have them in my life. But sometimes there is a moment when you want to…”

After the most important part of your room has been decked out, you need to turn that desk into sleek.

I recommend decorating the top shelves especially with cute, inexpensive decor. I bought all of mine from TJ MAXX (heaven), Target (heaven part 2) and a few other odds and ends shops. Think appealing, yet functional.

I like how the room is arranged with the desk at the end of the bed. It separates it nicely and keeps studying and sleeping away from each other.

Get some jewelry boxes or little bowls and trays, maybe a candle holder (with of course one of those fake flickering candles that you can buy like 20 for $5 at Hobby Lobby).

I also highly recommend a lamp that way if you are in bed pushing through those last few chapters before class you don’t have to get out of bed after to turn those glorious classroom lights off across the room.

Patterson Hall, USC #dorm #college

Down below deck out that desk with pictures, a fun pencil cup, a fashionable stapler, and whatever else you realize you may need! I also added a throw blanket to my desk chair to add some comfort and also match the rest of my bedding.

“ “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” — Woody Allen ” I need this set up in my life ”

Now that your two whole pieces of real furniture are done, it’s time for the extras!

reactions yas yass yas queen yas kween GIF

STRING LIGHTS ARE A MUST! They sell them everywhere because we are all suckers for them. If you really can’t find any, Menards has them up with their Christmas decorations for like five bucks. They can make these cinder block walls look somewhat less cold and harsh and if you are blessed and have real walls, then even better!!

How to Decorate Dorm Room With String Lights

More pictures also! Print out your faves from high school and now that you have been on campus a month you will probably have even more. Hang those up all over the walls! I had troubles with them not sticking (yay Cosgrove) so I got a frame with wires and bought some black tiny clothespins all at Hobby Lobby. Hung all those up with these weird velcro sticky tabs and it stays!

I love this idea for a guest book. More inspiration via www.vintageweddingfair.co.uk

Along with the pictures get some cute art that compliments your other decorations and also just makes you happy and hopefully less stressed! Maybe get a special quote! Tapestries also make the room wayyyy more enjoyable!

I have my bed right next to the wall and I thought this was a really cool idea to give a pop of colour to a white room, will be trying soon! Hopefully it looks something like this

Also, GET CURTAINS!!! They not only keep out the sunlight on those days you are blessed and don’t have class until 10:00 or 11:00, but they also just make a room so much cuter! That goes with rugs too! That way when you jump the ten feet down to the ground from your lofted bed, at least when you break your ankles, you have a soft, cute landing.

the room is small. curtains. lighting. furnished. cozy carpet on the floor. teen bedroom. gray walls

All I know is that if you follow these tips, your room will at least be cute and cozy while you cram in those three papers and six chapters of bio.

beyonce hair flawless hair flip slay GIF

Cover Photo   Elephant Dorm   Piper Gif   Dorm Gif   Navy Bed   5:52 Desk   Dark Desk   5:30 Desk   White Desk   

YAS QUEEN gif   Namast'ay in Bed   Photo Frame   Blue and Orange Room   22:25 Room   Beyonce Gif