Claire Quinn Swift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

You know her Snapchats and her dance moves, but do you really know Claire Swift? On Twitter she goes by @i_DontCLAIRE, but in real life she loves to show her soft side. A 2nd year morale captain for SAU Dance Marathon, Vice President of SADD and involved member of marketing club, Claire loves to give back to the hive she calls home.

A small town girl from Manchester, Iowa, Claire grew up with a passion for horses and dolls. Today, she thinks of those early interests as sparks for her current passions and aspirations. Claire is a junior pursuing a degree in Public Relations and Strategic Communication and Journalism. She plays volleyball for SAU and works at the downtown YWCA, where she loves getting to know new friendly faces from the QC area.

Don’t be surprised if Claire approaches you in the caf or on a brisk morning walk to class—Claire is outgoing and sociable in every sense of the word. In her spare time, this fun-lover enjoys an ice-cold carbonated water (they’re only 64 cents—she’s a cheap date too!) and a few solid hours of binge Glee-watching.  Her roomies know her as Mrs. Fix It, Snapchat artiste, their go-to for a good laugh. Above all, though, Claire enjoys spending quality time with her friends in her townhouse and visiting her 1-year-old godson, Owen.

In the future, Claire plans on going to Cancun for spring break and Las Vegas after the culmination of her junior year. In the future-future, Claire hopes to find a nice husband and border collie career working with nonprofits or political campaigns, Olivia Pope style.

Claire gives short but sweet advice to her fellow Bees.

“Live, laugh, love,” she says, “and always remember to laugh as much as you breathe.”

I'm Maddi(son). I like to talk, laugh, and eat cake and peanut butter in copious amounts. Call me maybe. 
Her Campus at SAU