This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

I could write a typical Thanksgiving blog but what’s the fun in that? After I get done indulging myself in an unworldly amount of food, I think about all the Black Friday madness I’m about to embark on.

Black Friday has become “Black Thursday” which takes people away from their families but this article isn’t about the problems with Black Friday—it’s about the fun of Black Friday!

My favorite part about this day is of course the steals and deals but also the whole experience. Half the time, my family and I go to watch all the madness when the stores open and the people rush it (seriously just watch sometime, its hilarious)

To ensure you have the best Black Friday ever, here are a few tips:

1.     Watch the time. If you are out to buy a special item for a cant miss price, arrive early! There’s nothing worse than showing up later and being at the end of the line in the freezing cold, only to find out that they are sold out.

2.     Plan ahead. Have an idea of what you want to get in what store and even map out where you are going to go when. Traffic will be just as crazy as the stores so be strategic with you route.

3.     Dress for the weather. Be sure to dress warm in case you will be waiting outside in line. It can take a fun filled shopping experience from enjoyable to miserable.

4.     Don’t ware yourself out. Do your shopping but then take time to people watch and enjoy the experience. Some of my best Black Friday memories are the ones when my family and I just sat down somewhere and talked and laughed at the crazy shoppers.

Now if you follow these tips and bring your favorite people with you, you are almost guaranteed to have a fun Black Friday experience.

Im Alyssa. I dance and sing for fun (not always well).Im way too sassy for my own good and cant wait to start my career. 
Her Campus at SAU