Style > Beauty

Beauty Buzz: 5 Drugstore Beauty Products to Consider

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Being a girl is expensive. And let’s be real—in no way is it financially smart to head to Ulta and drop $100 on a fancy foundation and mini eyeshadow trio. There are better solutions! In no way am I saying that I’m YouTube’s next beauty guru, I’m just trying to help all of the Bees out there who are trying to ball on a budget. So, without further ado, here are a few drugstore beauty products that might make your life a little easier—and less expensive.

Batiste Dry Shampoo: $6.99

We’re college students and bad hair days happen. Leave it to Batiste Dry Shampoo to save the day. Not only does it work great if you’re running late to class and your hair is a little oily, but it can also be used as a midday pick-me-up if your hair is falling a little flat. There are plenty of tints and scents, so you’re bound to find one that’s perfect for you.

Online Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: $4.97

In all honesty, the only reason I bought this foundation in the first place was because I had a $2 off coupon. However, after one use, I couldn’t have been more impressed with the quality. The coverage is great, and does have that matte finish we’re all looking for. It also works well as a concealer too. Beware of applying too much, however, because it can get a little cakey.

Online Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer: $7.49

Disregard the “Age Rewind,” because this product is great for girls of all ages. The sponge brush makes for easy application and the product itself blends perfectly into the skin. Under eye darkness can now be considered a thing of the past!

Online Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum: $4.59

Kiss frizzy hair goodbye with this inexpensive solution. Run a drop of this product through damp hair and you will never have to worry about annoying fly-aways ever again. Since only a small drop of the serum is needed, this product will last you forever.

Online Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara: $4.44

It’s a formula that’s been around for years. Not only does this inexpensive mascara apply evenly and lengthens your lashes, but it doesn’t clump either. It’s basically the “Old Reliable” of mascaras.

Online Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I'm Amanda, a junior PR major at St. Ambrose. I enjoy long walks on the beach and queso.
Her Campus at SAU