This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

The historical website, oldsf.org, contains a map of the city where you can look at pictures from a certain location from the 1850’s to 2000. While on the website, I discovered that San Francisco State University has lot of old photographs of the school in its early days, dating all the way back to 1931. So here is a little glimpse into the past to see what SF State Students, and student life was like back in the 40’s. 

Students take a break on a balcony at San Francisco State College in March of 1941. 

Two students (Charlotte Huffman and Madge Lude) drag Jim Cosgrove by the legs during the “Sadie Hawkins Day” race in 1947. 

Three students sit atop the entrance of San Francisco State College in 1941. (Love the shoes!) 

Registering for fall classes in 1940.

I'm a Sophomore at San Francisco State University majoring in Journalism. I went to San Marin High in Marin County, Novato, and was attracted to Journalism there too. I wrote for the school newspaper, 'The Pony Express' for two years and also enjoy reading, and shopping.