Upcoming Events in SF to Get in The Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

With the holiday season coming up, there is no better way to get in the holiday spirit than spending time with friends in the city. Here are a few holiday events happening soon in San Francisco.

Santa Con 2017

Santa Con is happening on December 9 in Union Square, San Francisco. Santa Con begings at 9 a.m. Make sure to dress in your best Christmas attire!

Tree Lighting Celebration at Pier 39

The tree lighting ceremony is on November 19, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. There are many different events throughout the day, but the actual tree lighting takes place at 6 p.m. Grab your peppermint hot chocolate and head to Pier 39 for some early Christmas festivities.

Ice Skating in Union Square

The ice skating rink at Union Square is now open! The ice rink will stay open until January 15. Daily hours for the ice rink are from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. General admission tickets include entrance to the rink and a pair of skate rentals, and are $18.

Be sure you don’t miss out on all of these upcoming events to get into the holiday spirit!

Hayley Martinez

San Francisco

Valerie Duarte

San Francisco

An 18-year-old journalism student at SFSU. Los Angeles native. Very indecisive. Likes to have her cake and matcha lattes, too.