This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

During the fall season, there is an array of delicious treats and goodies that we all just have to get our hands on, because seriously, how could you not? I’ve noticed though that once fall hits, so many of these treats are sprinkled with a little taste of salted caramel on top. Why is this? I have no idea, but I’m not complaining! Since this salted caramel phenomena seems to be a big trend right now, why not take a little dive into the salted caramel world? Here are just a few salted caramel treats that are pretty easy and pretty delicious to make! 

Salted Caramel Brownie Bites: (makes 35)

Ingredients:

• 1 package brownie mix (plus anything needed for brownie mix)
  • 35 Rolos
  • 12 ounces chocolate CandiQuik
  • Sea Salt
  • Wax paper

Steps:

• First, bake the brownie from the mix according to the instructions on the back of the box and after let the brownies cool off.
  • Once the brownies are cooled down, cut the brownie into 35 squares.
  • Next, completely wrap a rolo in each one of the brownie squares and form into a ball shape.
  • Place each brownie bite on wax paper on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
  • Once the brownies have chilled for about an hour, melt the chocolate candiquik chips in the microwave for however long it says on the container.
  • Dip each one of the brownie bites in the melted chocolate and place back onto the wax paper.
  • Sprinkle sea salt over the brownie bites and that’s it!

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate: (makes 8 cups)

Ingredient:

• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 4 1/2 cups milk
  • 8 ounces milk chocolate (finely chopped)
  • 2 ounces dark chocolate (finely chopped)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Whipped cream
  • Caramel sauce

Steps:

• First, mix sugar and lemon juice together until the sugar has dampened.
  • Once the sugar has dampened, place a medium saucepan over medium heat on stove and put the sugar inside the saucepan.
  • Start mixing the sugar around immediately and it will begin to liquefy and change color; keep stirring until it reaches a medium amber color.
  • Then begin stirrin in the milk while keeping the stove at a medium heat; the caramel might form small chunks of sugar, but keep letting the mixture heat and keep stirring it and it should start to completely melt into a liquid.
  • When the milk is finally simmering, take the pan off of the stove and add in the finely chopped milk and dark chocolates and mix it all together until the chocolate is completely melted.
  • Once completely melted, add in just a little bit of salt.
  • After that you’re all done! Just add whipped cream and caramel sauce on top and you’re all set to start drinking!

Salted Caramel Sauce: (makes 1 cup)

Ingredients:

• 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 6 tablespoons salted butter
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Steps:

• First off, heat the granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat on the stove; make sure to keep stirring the sugar constantly and after a while the clumps will start to melt into an amber colored liquid.
  • Once the sugar has turned an amber color liquid, add in the butter and keep stirring until it is completely melted.
  • Once it is all completely melted, add in the heavy cream and let it boil for about a minute (be careful not to burn yourself in any of these steps!)
  • After about a minute, remove the pan from the stove and stir in the salt.
  • Just let it cool down for a bit and then you’re ready to pour your new delicious sauce on to any type of treat that you desire!

I hope you guys find these salted caramel treats as delicious as I do! If there’s other salted caramel treats you want to try and experiment with just take a look around different baking blogs or even Pinterest!