Nostalgia Fashion Show Put On By SFSU Fashion Network Association

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

December 4th marked the Fashion Network Associations, Nostalgia runway show in Jack Adams Hall. The show brought together twenty-eight designers and let them showcase unique designs that evoked a feeling of nostalgia.

The Fashion Network Association, or FNA, is an association for students interested in all aspects of the fashion world. The FNA allows young men and women to explore different aspects of the fashion industry and offers them hands on experience. The club currently has roughly fifty members and meets at 2:30pm every wednesday.

The doors opened up at 6pm and the venue was instantly filled. There were vendors set up in the back selling merchandise from companies like Pinrose Purfume, Suit Sailing Soaps and Lame Girl Caps. The DJ duo AudioBros helped set the mood with classic jams and new hits. The show then commenced at 6:30, starting with a hip-hop dance routine put on by SFSU’s own dance team, Fusion.

As the night carried on all twenty-eight designers shared their looks in an X shaped runway. The looks ranged from casual, like button up denim skirt paired with a vintage style band tee, too extremely modern and intricate designs, think lots of strong shoulders and wire framing. Designers tested their skills by incorporating lots of different fabrics as well. From dresses draped in tulle to oversized crochet sweaters, there was sure to be a style for everyone. I also really enjoyed that they incorproated mens wear pieces as well. It made the whole show feel very well rounded and open to everyone.

At the end of the night a few awards were given out for things like, “most creative design” and “most innovative.” The winners were given a certificate and a $500 dressform from PGM. Stonestown Galleria also gave out $500 dollar scholarships to two lucky designers.

Overall the night was a lot of fun and it was really cool to see how talented fellow students are. If you’re interested in joining FNA or learning more about the association you can visit their website at fnasf.wordpress.com