This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

The next big holiday following Halloween is Thanksgiving. So as we welcome November, let us get into the Thanksgiving spirit FRIENDS style:

1) If you didn’t get a chance to dress up for Halloween then you still have a chance to dress up for Thanksgiving… with a Turkey over your head. Okay, maybe you shouldn’t actually put a raw turkey over your head, but you can get a fun turkey inspired hat if you wanted to for some extra holiday fun. 

2) Try making a unique dessert such as a traditional English trifle instead of the same ole’ pumpkin pie. However, if you want your trifle to remail edible, make sure you don’t use both a recipe for shepard’s pie and trifle. Choose one or the other, unless you want a full 3 course dinner enclosed in your dessert. 

3) Prepare yourself for eating a lot of food on Thanksgiving. Consider wearing streatchy yoga pants or loose fitting clothing like Joey did in “Friends”, because you will definitely have a food baby after having a wonderful meal of mashed potatos, stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey and pie.

4) To work off Thanksgivng dinner try having a rousing game of football with your friends or family, instead of watching Thanksgiving day footbal on TV. Everyone will get some exercise, and instead of being glued to a TV watching a game, you can have a fun experience with friends that will provide some friendly competition, and much needed exerice. 

5) Make sure to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade — you don’t know what you’re going to miss! In the first ever Thanksgiving episode the gang is watching the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. However, when they get locked out of their apartment, they miss the highlight of the parade; the Underdog balloon getting away and flying around Manhattan. So the moral of the story is don’t lock youself out of your apartment on Thanksgiving, and make sure you watch the parade, because you don’t know what you’re going to miss. Personally, watching the parade is a fun tradition that I love to do every Thanksigiving. 

I'm a Sophomore at San Francisco State University majoring in Journalism. I went to San Marin High in Marin County, Novato, and was attracted to Journalism there too. I wrote for the school newspaper, 'The Pony Express' for two years and also enjoy reading, and shopping.