This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.
The food in Paris is unparalleled. I’m going to miss the fresh baguettes, artistically decorated desserts, crepes and macaroons in every flavor. With my time in Paris decreasing, I started doing research on French-style restaurants near San Francisco. I’ll need to get my baguette fix once in awhile. Here are some great restaurants to try if you are looking for a way to get French food without having to travel all the way to France.

1) Paris Baguette
      Address: 2278 Westborough Blvd, South San Francisco
      Hours: Monday-Thursday: 7a.m.-9p.m. Friday-Saturday: 7a.m.-11p.m.
  My first find is right in San Francisco. It’s South San Francisco, technically, and is a little far from campus, but this retaurant has everything you need to make you feel like you walked right into Paris! They offer breads, parties, desserts and more. Feel free to pop in and enjoy a café au lait with a chocolate éclair. Be sure to grab a Heavenly Cheesecake on the way out!

2) La Fromagerie
     Address: 2425 3rd Street, San Francisco
     Hours: Monday-Friday: 11:30a.m.-7p.m. Saturday: 11a.m.-6p.m.
  When I went to my first fromagerie in Paris, my first thought was, ‘What is that smell?’ Turns out..it was the combination of cheeses. Now, their cheese is nothing like the American sliced cheese we offer in packages. They offer such a large amount of cheese. Be warned, though: the strong smelling ones are the best! My biggest worry is that I’ll have to give up these great tasting cheeses when we go home. However, thanks to La Fromagerie Cheese Shop in San Francisco, I don’t need to panic. On top of a large selection of cheeses, they offer sandwhiches, wines and pastries.
3) Café de la Presse
     Address: 352 Grant Avenue, San Francisco
      Hours: 8a.m.-10p.m.
This restaurant-style, French-inspired restaurant offers a sit down meal with plates that will make you forget you’re in San Francisco. You have breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner options with a huge menu to choose from. Go there for breakfast and enjoy an Omelette au Fromage et aux Herbes with some morning tea. If you’re feeling a sweet tooth later on in the evening, stop by for some Tarte aux Fruits de Saison or Mousse au Chocolate.

4) Brioche Bakery & Café
      Address: 210 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco
      Hours: 7a.m.-8p.m.
   It doesn’t get more authentic than the brilliant Brioche. They offer a combination of breads, salads, pastries, sandwhiches, brioche and more. While the menu may not be as extensive as the previous restaurants, anything on the menu will instantly make this your new favorite place to eat. They have generous opening hours, so if you have that three hour break in between classes, stop by during their brunch period to try the Parisien sandwhich and a small cup of gelato for dessert.

San Francisco is known for it’s diversity both with people and food. Walk down any street and you can find an Italian, cheeseburger joint and Vietnamese restaurant right next to each other. French restaurants, though, are hard to come by, so I’m grateful for these finds. Now, put on your leather skirt with you highheeled booties, throw on a scar and a peacoat, grab your maroon hat on the way out, and try out any of these French-inspired cafés with style.
Christa Balingit

San Francisco

My name is Christa Balingit. I'm a senior at San Francisco State University. I'm majoring in International Business but have always had a passion for journalism. Right now I'm studying abroad in Paris, France.. Check out my blog to learn about my adventures and discoveries about the fashion capital of the world!