Four Inexpensive Holy Grail Items for Acne Prone Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.
  1. Tea Tree Oil

When mixed with a little water tea tree oil becomes and easy, ethical and cost effective spot treatment. Tea tree oil naturally dries up our bodies oil so when applied to a spot it smothers it almost instantly. Be carefully not to go crazy with the stuff though because when used where it isn’t needed it can cause dry, flaky patches.

1. Coconut Oil

The mother of all natural skin care. Coconut oil can be used for absolutely everything but in this case it’s a great makeup remover. Often times people who suffer from acne focus on drying out their skin to prevent pimples but moisture is just as important. Coconut oil makes hydrating the skin and removing that gunky layer of makeup from the day a one step process. Just scoop out a dime sized amount and apply it to your whole face. Wipe your skin clean with either a wet washcloth or a makeup removing wipe and your skin will be glistening in no time.

1. Mask of Magnaminty

While this is the most expensive item on the list this tub of pure joy will last you for weeks and weeks. Lush is known to have amazing skin care products and this mask is nothing to scoff at. With ingredients like peppermint and china clay that draw out impurities and equally amazing ingredients like vanilla to help be the calm after the storm. This mask is a must have for anyone battling a full on breakout or just the occasional spot.

1. Pacifica Kale Detox Face Wash

Pacifica is a vegan, cruelty free brand that constantly pumps out new products that are good for your skin and the planet. The Kale Detox face wash is a godsend, mixing the popular health food, kale, into your skin care routine. This facewash is both gentle and effective and can be used twice daily without you needing to worry about your skin being too dry, sensitive or overly exfoliated.