This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

With Mother’s Day coming around many of us college students have limited funds and limited time to find something special for our moms. Luckily I have five easy gifts that almost anyone can make and are all under $30.

1. Flowers

Yes, this seems obvious and somewhat cliché. But let’s be honest who does not love receiving flowers? They are a beautiful surprise and will be sure to brighten up your mother’s day. Use an online deliver service like ProFlowers or FTD Flowers to send your mom fresh beautiful flowers. 

2. Reasons “I love you” jar

Get a mason jar from Hobby Lobby for $2.99 and fill it with strips of paper that say different reasons why you love your mom or are thankful for her. You can write things like “You always listen to me” or “Your chocolate chip pancakes are awesome.” Then decorate the jar with “Happy Mother’s Day” and “Reasons why I love you.” 

3. Movie treat

Surprise your mom with tickets to the latest movie.  This will allow the two of you some alone time to bond. Order drinks and popcorn and just relax. It’s a meaningful gift that will not cost you that much at all.

4. Picnic for two

If you have a nice park near your home pack a picnic for you and your mom. Prepare her favorite snacks and look for a nice spot where you can have privacy. You can talk about life, your time away from home and just have time to relax. 

5. DIY spa day basket

Mother’s Day is a day for your mom to relax and take some time for herself. Help her have a spa day at home. Instead of buying all of the items from the store make a few of them yourself. Your mother will appreciate this gift more than a spa day gift card. 

Hey guys! Bobbi Amar-Atsen is a graduate of Salisbury University with a Bachelors in Business Management and a concentration in Human Resources. When she is not binge watching Black Mirror or The Get Down she is reading a Thousand Splendid Suns by Hosseini (again) and taking long meaningful walks to her fridge. In her spare time she enjoys taking photographs of the beautiful people, and scenery around her. In the future she hopes to open up her own nonprofit organization in Ghana and work for a large company. She joined Her Campus Salisbury to gain more experience with writing, and connect with other empowering women.
Stephanie Chisley is an outgoing go-getter. Originally, Stephanie is from Oxon Hill, MD. She is currently a student at Salisbury University where she is studying Communication Arts with a track in journalism and public relations and a minor in Theater. While attending Salisbury University, Stephanie currently holds an executive board position as the secretary for Salisbury's Society of Professional Journalists . Stephanie plans on becoming an anchor for E! News or a writer, radio host, and announcer for BuzzFeed. In her free time, Stephanie is always on her phone scanning through social media, communicating with her friends, and finding new places to eat near her area.