Thoughts On The Bachelor Week 5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

It’s Week 5 of Nick Viall: Worst Bachelor ever, and as always, I’ve got laptop open and I’m all set to spew pettiness all over Twitter as the drama unfolds. In real time, here are my thoughts as Nick that just because you grow a beard does not mean you’ve changed and become more mature.

The Corinne Taylor Showdown: Okay, as much as I don’t like Corinne, Taylor is so annoying for attacking her. First of all, at least Corinne hasn’t been openly confrontational with other women. Second, Taylor should focus on herself, and as a mental health counselor, I’d expect her not to get so involved in drama. I agree with the accent girl. They should both go home.

Why does he keep the girl with “balls?” She’s weird. She should’ve gone home the first weekend. Also, am I the only one kind of rooting for Josephine? She’s weird, too, but in a more awesome way, not a “I have balls in my nose” way.

Of course Corinne stays. OF COURSE. Maybe Nick has a hair extension fetish.  

20 bucks says Taylor and Corinne go on a 2 on 1.

Gators, grits, and a good time! Thank GOD for Alexis and her comedic relief from all this tension.

Yay! Rachel got the 1-1! I can actually watch someone mature for once!

“I’m hoping this week turns around,” Taylor says as I mentally prepare myself for a showdown where she goes home in the 2-1 that I’m 99% she and Corinne are going on.

Rachel’s outfit gives me strong 2000’s Lizzie McGuire vibes.

You don’t wanna tell the boy you like your dad is intimidating!! You’re scaring him!!

I CALLED IT I CALLED IT I CALLED IT I CALLED IT 2-1 IS TAYLOR AND CORINNE!

I do not care about this group date. If this was on DVR I’d fast-forward. I just want to get to the real drama.

Taylor and Coriene are off to the bayou, where one will literally be thrown to the alligators and sent home without a rose. #drama

“I have a masters in clinical health counseling and have a high level of emotional intelligence, and Corinne is a manipulative bitch.” Is calling someone a manipulative bitch proof of your high emotional intelligence?

This scene in the woods is giving me major Sandra Bullock with Betty White in The Proposal vibes.

Corinne is totally going to stab this voodoo doll with Reddi Whip can tips and pour scalding hot cheese pasta on it.

I agree with Corinne that it’s mind-boggling Taylor is a mental health counselor. Why do I agree with Corrine so much tonight? Do I need a brain scan?

I can honestly say I’m not surprised by Nick’s decision. At least he and Corrine have chemistry, with Taylor he has nothing. Also, I’m kind of happy with it? Taylor was annoying, and so is Corrine, but at least Corrine provides comedic relief and good social media content. I needed this 2 on 1 date to revive me after last week’s snooze fest, and I can’t wait to tune in next week to this heavily producer-influenced season.

Colleen Zewe

Saint Mary's '18

I love fall, holidays, PSLs and forcing my dog to take pictures with me for Snapchat.
Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.