tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Blessed with the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

One of my biggest fears about going away to college was whether I was going to make friends or not, and let’s be honest, I think a lot of people have that fear. Once I arrived at Saint Mary’s though, I knew I did not need to worry. These last few years have been some of the best years of my life, and a huge reason for that is because of the people I have met. I have made friends during my time at Saint Mary’s who have come and gone, but now that I am a senior (wow, that is still scary to say!!!), I feel as if I have finally found a group of friends that not only make me laugh, pick me up when I’m feeling down, and support my need to eat on Eddy Street, but also friends I know will be there for me long after college has ended.

I feel blessed that I have found friends that make leaving campus for breaks so hard. Thank goodness we live in a time where we can text and FaceTime each other when we are gone for long periods of time!

I am so happy that I have found roommates, who are now some of my best friends, that make me excited to come back to the apartment after a long day.

I find it crazy that since coming to Saint Mary’s, I now have friends that live in California, Michigan, New Jersey, and so many other places! Being able to travel and visit them during breaks is definitely a perk of having friends that live all over the country.

It’s also pretty great finding friends that make dreadful classes somewhat more tolerable.

And just because Saint Mary’s is all girls, that does not mean I haven’t made guy friends across the street!

These friends have definitely made my time at Saint Mary’s so much better. Thinking about having to leave them after graduation is a scary thought, but I know that they will always be a phone call, drive, or plane ride away!

Lauren is happily living life as a Communication Studies Major at Saint Mary's College. When not writing for Her Campus or studying for classes, she can be found binge watching reality TV or obsessing over Notre Dame Football.
Allie Royce

Saint Mary's '18

Hope you find my work relatable and humorous.