Looks from NYFW 2017 That You Can Wear Every Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

New York Fashion Week just passed but it was nothing short of groundbreaking. Designers strategically planned their runway shows and decided what beauty looks would mesh perfectly with their designs. Some designers opted for more daring looks, such as bejeweled eyelids and over-lined lips, while some designers opted for more wearable looks. Take a look at these looks, try them for yourself, and watch how obsessed you become!

Duo-Toned Highlighter at Fenty Puma by Rihanna

Rihanna made her NYFW debut with her Fenty Puma line, and the looks in this collection were INSANE. Rihanna topped off each outfit with glowing, duo-toned highlighter from her Fenty By Rihanna makeup line.  The face is overall pretty bare, with chiseled cheekbones, pale lips, and groomed brows. But, the highlighter on these models is on point. To achieve this multi-colored glow, layer golden highlighters with rosy highlighter along the high points of your face!

Hippie Waves at Anna Sui

Get total Woodstock vibes with this simple hairstyle! Anna Sui showcased her line along with a natural makeup look, paired with loose waves. To achieve this look with ease, part your hair down the center and blow dry. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron or wand, wrap your hair around and hold for as long as you need! Flip your head a couple of times to get it tasseled, and voila! This could be a hair staple for any girl with long hair, and can be done in a hurry too!

Bronze Smokey Eye & Hair Berets at Versace

Versace showcased a powerful and iconic runway show this Fashion Week, with icons such as Cindy Crawford and her daughter, Kaia Gerber, walking in the show. Donatella Versace showcased bold, eccentric looks, and balanced those looks with simple makeup. The bronze smokey eye seen on Kaia Gerber is perfect for day or night! Pair the smokey eye with mauve lips and groomed brows, and you are bound to get compliments.

Try these looks out for yourself! All of these looks are classic and versatile, and can complete any outfit! I guess we can always count on New York Fashion Week for some killer makeup inspo.

Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.