JP’s Diner Opens at SHU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

With all the new developments on the Sacred Heart campus, the most exciting has to be the opening of JP’s diner! The first on-campus diner in New England, the long awaited dining hall opened on Monday, October 16th; and it has all the SHU students hyped up on milkshakes.

The ‘50s-style eatery seats approximately 110 people inside and 40 people outside. With retro accessory’s like a juke-box, this is a revolutionary way to eat on campus.

Every aspect of the diner screams Pioneer pride, with the walls, booths, and light fixtures all red with chrome accents.

Named after John J. Petillo, President of the university, JP’s has a bow tie as it’s crowning feature, just as President Petillo can always be seen around campus with a bow tie adorning his neck.

Open until 3 a.m. on the weekend, all SHU students are raving about late night burgers, fries, and pies. The wait staff is also accepting applications from Sacred Heart students, so if you’re looking for a new job on campus- head on down to JP’s!

Kara Shea

Sacred Heart

"Do you like cheese?" If you answered "My favorites guoda" We are already friends.
Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.