How to Get Ready When You’re in a Rush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Hit snooze on your alarm clock one too many times? Sounds like you’ve overslept, again! Now, you may ask, how do you get ready (and manage to actually look good) in 15 minutes or less? Look no further, because here are some tips for getting ready in a time crunch: 

Dry shampoo. 

“How is my hairy greasy already, I just washed it yesterday!”  My roommate hears me shout this way too many times a week. However, if that’s something you deal with, too, I’ll let you know my little secret; dry shampoo! This holy grail product will change your life, so ladies if you don’t already own some you need to invest in a bottle ASAP.  It’s easy, efficient, and best of all- it really does work! Spray some in your roots, brush it through, and you’re good to go! My personal favorite is Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo Spray, ($6.99). 

B.B. Cream.

Foundation can sometimes be difficult to blend out and it’s too heavy to wear on a daily basis. BB Cream is great because it feels light on the skin; and it smoothes, brightens, and evens out your skin tone! It will also simplify your routine because you can skip the usual heavy lotions, primers, and foundations. My favorite is the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream, ($11.97). 

Concealer. 

Concealer is essential for those days when you are sleep deprived because it’s an all-in-one product that gets the job done.  Apply it on any problem areas, and on those designer eye bags courtesy of lack of sleep. Then set the areas with a little bit of translucent powder and you’re set! My favorite is the Milani Retouch + Erase Light- Lifting concealer ($8.99). It instantly color corrects- erasing dark circles and blemishes, while brightening up your face as well! 

Tinted Brow Gel. 

I never believed that doing your eyebrows was important until I actually tried it out! I’ve learned that eyebrows complete any makeup look, so they are pretty much essential. Doing your eyebrows can be tedious and time consuming, so for the purpose of getting ready quickly; skip your normal ten-minute long brow routine and opt for a tinted brow gel. This will fill in any sparse areas while also keeping your eyebrows in place. My absolute favorite is the Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel, ($2.99). 

Flesh toned eyeliner. 

This step definitely isn’t necessary, but lately I’ve found myself doing it almost every day. Especially since lack of sleep is inevitable in college. Applying a flesh toned eyeliner in your waterline will brighten your eyes and make them appear wider, which is perfect for those times that you literally cannot keep your eyes open. Try out the NYX Wonder Pencil, $4.50. 

Mascara. 

If you’re really in a hurry, skip the eyeliner and eye shadow and go right for mascara. Mascara can be applied quickly, and it will make you look a lot more put together than you actually are. My favorite is the CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara, ($6.99). 

Lip gloss. 

This step isn’t essential, and if you prefer, just opt for some chapstick. However, lip gloss takes the same amount of time, and in the end you’ll look like you tried a lot harder than you actually did. My favorite is the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss ($8.99). It plumps your lips, making them look fuller, and adds some shine; the best part is, it only takes a few seconds! 

Confidence.

Don’t let the fact that you overslept keep you down. When you look good, you feel good. So now that you’ve pulled yourself together, go out and slay your day! 

Meghan Mascitis is currently a Sophomore at Sacred Heart University and is a Marketing major with a minor in Fashion Marketing/Merchandising. Meghan is new to HerCampus this year and is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority! She has always been passionate about makeup and the beauty industry, and hopes to enter into Cosmetic Marketing. She is an avid beauty lover who enjoys trying out new and up and coming products. Her love for coffee makes her a loyal Starbucks customer.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.