This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

“It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” These are the wise words of Mandy Hale. Valentines’s Day is all about showing the ones you love how much they mean to you. We find ourselves showering our S.O., parents, and BFFs with gifts and love, but what about ourselves? It’s time we learn to stop forgetting about ourselves this year. Here’s four ways you can treat yourself now and forever!

Food Holds the Key to My Heart:

Who doesn’t love food? Make your favorite brownies, cookies, or combine them and make brookies. My personal favorite and make them prettier to eat by putting some hearts on them or icing them with pink frosting. February is the month of love and what better way to love yourself than by eating a ton of brookies

Shopping is My Cardio: 

Buy something that has been in your online shopping cart for months. With the extra cash you have, why not buy something for yourself, whether it be a Lush bath bomb, Bath and Body Works candle, or a blanket scarf? Click check out and empty out your online carts and standby for you package to be delivered.

Adventure Awaits:

Travel! Not all classrooms have four walls; go out and explore the city! Take a trip to New York and bring your BFFs along and discover something you never have before. Appreciate art, watch a Broadway show, or eat dinner at the Sugar Factory. Either way you’re bound to have a great time with your girls.

Pamper Yourself:

What better way to treat yourself than nothing other than pampering yourself? Self care should always be your number one priority. Even though face masks make you look super silly, in the end, it’s totally worth it. Designate a time where you and your roomies can bond and document your mask moment with a selfie. Just promise each other Instagram won’t see it. EVER. 

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!