toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Quick & Easy Halloween Dorm Deco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner. It’s a time that brings friends together- huddling around the TV screen with a bowl of buttered popcorn and a bag of m&m’s for a late-night movie marathon, gathering for last minute costume shopping, and running around the neighborhood collecting as much candy as your pillowcase can hold. However, you shouldn’t leave your dorm room out of all the fun! Show your ~spooky~ spirit with some quick and easy Halloween decoration ideas for your dorm.

1. Color Changing Ghost String Lights

Do you already have string lights hanging in your dorm room? Switch them out with these Color Changing Ghost String Lights. They’ll add a cute ghostly flair to your space!

Price: $12

2. Boo! Balloon Kit

Planning on hosting a Halloween party? Set the atmosphere with these foil balloons included in this Balloon Kit. The tabs on the balloons also make them easy to hang on a wall or a door.

Price: $5

3. Caution Tape

Wrap your door with Caution Tape! Not only is it one of the cheapest ways to show your Halloween spirit but it is also the quickest way to make your door stand out on your floor.

Price: $1

4. Pumpkin Candy Bowl

Fill this Pumpkin Candy Bowl with candy and place it on top of the microwave (next to your tower of napkins) or on the windowsill. Guests and friends will love having a sweet treat when they visit. Or you can just keep all the candy for yourself. Sharing is overrated anyways.

Price: $10

5. Ghost & Boo Gel Cling

Slap these Gel Clings onto your window to create a charming yet spooky atmosphere in your room. They’re easy and fun to put on your windows and just as easy to remove.

Price: $3

6. Halloween Washi Tape

One of the more creative ways to decorate for Halloween is with Washi Tape. Create interesting designs on your storage bins or decorate your desk or wall calendar with washi tape patterns of eyeballs, bats, and pumpkins.

Price: $2

7. Hanging Bat Decor

Stick these Hanging Bats onto your walls to add some sinister flair to your room. Not only are they easy to apply but you can also draw designs and write on them.

Price: $7

8. Votive Candles

Want to create the spooky atmosphere that only candles can really provide, but don’t want to break the fire safety policy in your residence hall? Votive Candles are battery-powered candles that mimic the ambience with its flickering light without the stress of causing an actual fire.

Price: $4

9. Jack-O-Lantern Mirror Clings

These Jack-O-Lantern Mirror Clings are a fun and easy way to bring the Halloween Spirit to your dorm room. Just pop these mirror clings onto a mirror to remind you of the spooky festivities that are about to be underway.

Price: $5

10. Boo! Rug

Plop this Halloween Boo! Rug in front of your door or your microfridge. It’ll welcome you and your guests home or keep your feet warm while you’re heating up your popcorn for those scary movie marathons.

Price: $11

11. Glittered Spider Table Runner

You’ll definitely feel the holiday spirit with this Glittered Spider Table Runner. Place it on top of your dresser to add to the spooky atmosphere.

Price: $10

12. Zipper Mouth Character Pillows

These throw Character Pillows are a great Halloween Accent for your dorm room. Add them to the collection of pillows on your bed or keep them at your desk chair for the perfect amount of Halloween Spirit.

Price: $15

Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).