What Does Rowan Mean To You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Over the last week, students on campus came took a break from cramming for midterms and making their spring scheduled to celebrate homecoming. It is a week in the school year where the bleachers are packed, the energy level is high, and the students are wearing their school colors rather than complaining about them. Rowan is currently home to over ten thousand students, and each one has a different view on what our school means to them. So, as we celebrated the brown and gold profs on Saturday before the football game against Morrisville State College, I asked Rowan students what Rowan meant to them. And although each student answered differently, each of them had answer full of Prof Pride. 

“To me, Rowan means family” – Mary Narizanick, junior

“Rowan is opportunity” – Lee Henshaw, senior

“I look at Rowan as place that is truly distinctive” – Chris Hopkin, sophomore 

“Rowan means achieving goals.” – Cati Shoemaker, junior

“Rowan is welcoming, and that’s  what made me want to come here. Everyone is so open minded, and I always feel loved”- Stephanie Velasquez, junior

“Rowan is an excuse to not be in the real world yet.” – Chris Henshaw, senior 

“Rowan means a second home.” – Katie Hewitson, junior
I'm super excited to be the secretary for Her Campus Rowan! I'm at an PR Coordinator at Philly PR Girl, and I'm a senior (where has the time gone?!) I'm a PR major and a journalism minor, and I also write for The Odyssey. 
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University