Madinah Thomas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Hey, all!

This week’s campus celebrity is one unique and ambitious girl. Madinah Thomas is a sophomore Business Finance and Accounting Major from Salem, NJ. When she is not working hard on her major, she is clocking hours in various activities as member of; the Student Alumni Association, RIRSA (Rowan Intramural Recreational Sports Association), the Accounting Society, the Accounting Mentorship Program, an Intramural Flag Football Team, and the national leaders and honors organization Sigma Alpha Lamda. She also works part time as a Main Office Assistant at the Rec Center!

Madinah hopes to earn a master’s degree and a Certified Public Accountant license. Once she achieves these goals, Madinah hopes to travel the world.

When Madinah isn’t focusing on school and career goals, she likes to spend time with family and friends, stay active by working out, go to the beach, and shop!

Recently, Madinah was declared a Scholar in the Forman S. Acton Educational Foundation program. This program seeks to empower college students through scholarships. Madinah says “the organization focuses on helping scholars through their academic journey and works on empowering Salem youth to change the world.” It is very inspiring, and Madinah is only one of thirteen scholars chosen for this academic school year! Good job, Madinah!

This upcoming summer, Madinah will be gaining priceless experience in her field by interning in center city Philadelphia for Pricewaterhouse Coopers! This is one of the leading accounting firms in the country, and Madinah will get the chance to work alongside an entry level position worker and learn how a successful accounting firm runs.

If Madinah could pass on any advice to others, it would be that “anything worth having will take hard work and dedication with purified intention and no dream or aspiration you have is unattainable. Ultimately we all have the same 24 hours and the only thing holding you back is yourself.” Wow, such inspirational words, Madinah!

Keep an eye out, world! Madinah Thomas is just getting started – she’s got even bigger accomplishments coming her way! Keep working hard, Madinah! 

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!