Dinner For Two in Three Easy Meals: When You Want to Spice It Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

My boyfriend and I constantly ask the question: what’s for dinner? I know that he’d be happy with a bowl of Ben and Jerry’s, a bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, and an Iced Tea, but I’d prefer what I’d call “real food.” So, as many people do, I fled to pinterest in search of answers and found a few great, easy, and quick dinners for two!

1) Chicken Fajita Quesadillas

I love quesadillas because they’re so yummy and very easy to make. They require simple and easily obtainable ingredients and can be customized any way you want. Chicken and cheddar cheese, beef and mexican blend, veggies, you name it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Green bell pepper

• Chicken breasts

• 1 Onion

• 1 Red bell pepper

• 3/4 tsp Chili powder

• 1/2 tsp Garlic salt

• 1 Pepper, fresh cracked

• 1 Tortillas

• 1 Mexican blend cheese

2) Tomato Spinach Chicken Spaghetti

Tomato and Chicken and Spinach, Oh my! Spaghetti is freaking fantastic, and adding all of these ingredients to it just makes it that much better. I love Italian dishes because they are always so rich in flavor and the recipes are simple. Boil your pasta, prepare the ingredients, throw them all together, and ta da!

This recipe calls for spinach, but you can also use basil for more of an Italian taste. Can’t wait to make this with bae!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb Chicken, boneless

• 1/4 cup Basil, fresh leaves

• 3 Garlic cloves

• 4 Roma tomatoes

• 8 oz Spinach, fresh

• 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes

• 6 oz Spaghetti or angel hair pasta

• 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes

• 1 Salt

• 1/4 tsp Salt

• 2 tbsp Olive oil

3) Brie, Fig, and Apple Grilled Cheese

O.M.G. This is one of my favorites of all time. If you’ve never tried this flavor combination, put the laptop or phone down and start cooking! It’s crunchy from the bread and gooey from the cheese, and the apples and fig create a sweetness to coincide with the saltiness of the brie. Yummmmmm! Easy to eat and make if you and your SO are having a study date!

Ingredients

∙ Makes 2 sandwiches… vegetarian

• 1/2 cup Baby arugula

• 1 Granny smith apple, large

• 1/4 Red onion

• 4 tbsp Fig butter or jam

• 4 slices Sourdough bread

• 5 oz Brie cheese

• 2 tbsp Butter, soft

Happy eating! 

Ashley Hermansen is a dual major in International Studies and Modern Languages & Linguistics. She loves LOVE and dancing and really just wants to help everyone that she can. That's it, read on <3