Campus Cutie: Gina Salvucci

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Name: Gina Salvucci

Major: Elementary Education and Writing Arts

Year: Junior!

Hometown: Cherry Hill, NJ

Hobbies: Gina loves going to the movies and the beach, hanging out with her friends and family, reading, writing and baking! 
Involvement on campus: Currently Gina is a full time student at Rowan and works part time at Saladworks back in her hometown and therefore cannot allot much time to school activities, but she is interested in pursing participation in the community service opportunities at Rowan and the Elementary Education Club. Both these activities are on her bucket list before she graduates in Fall 2016!

Favorite show/movie/book:
Show: Grey’s Anatomy, hands down!
Movie: Anything with Adam Sandler.
Book: Hm, it’s a pretty fair tossup between Six Months Later by Natalie Richards or Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.

What would you want to do on a first date?: Gina is a very casual person and enjoys the simple things in life. To her, going out to lunch or grabbing some ice cream and then walking around the park and talking would be idea. Totally casual, totally amazing.

What’s an important message for teenage girls to learn?: “I would say learn to believe in yourself and trust yourself and not to sweat the small stuff. Believe you can achieve anything you set your mind to, girl!”

What is your perfect day like?: April 25th. 
But in all seriousness, Gina would love to spend a day at the beach and an amusement park, just soaking in some sun in the fun with her friends and family!

What advice would you give a freshman at Rowan?:  Gina think’s it is very important for freshman to gain as much knowledge as possible and experience in what they are interested in majoring in. Doing this will help ensure that you’re going in the right field. Also, stay organized with your work and on top of deadlines – you won’t regret it! 

And boys… She’s single! ;)

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!