Brian Mattei

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Name: Brian Mattei

Year: Junior

Major: Computer Science

Hometown: Franklinville

Relationship Status: Single

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Brian!

Originally from Franklinville, New Jersey, Brian is now a junior Computer Science major at Rowan University and currently serves as Vice President of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity on Rowan’s Glassboro campus.

In his free time, Brian enjoys playing video games with his friends, attending concerts, and visiting The Comic Book store, which is conveniently located minutes from campus. Due to his passion for craft beer, you might also discover him at some of the fancy breweries located in the Philadelphia area.

When asked about who inspires him, Brian responded; “my father has always been an inspiration to me, personally. On a more broad level, anyone who is able to turn their passions into their careers, or do something no one has ever done pertaining to their passions is inspirational to me.”

Brian’s ideal date consists of going out to a fancier bar or restaurant. He also enjoys “having a date at a small, intimate, “ma-and-pa” coffee shop.” In a significant other, Brian looks for someone who reflects the same three qualities he favors in himself: honesty, a sense of caring, and self-reflectiveness.

In five-years-time, Brian hopes to see himself earning $50k+ a year at a job he doesn’t “hate too much” and possibly in Florida with family.

By the end of this calendar year, Brian plans to 1. Pass his courses, 2. Finally get his first tattoo, and 3. Become a better homebrewer.

For underclassmen and future incoming freshman, Brian offers this advice:

“Make connections. Join organizations, and come out of your shell. I cannot tell you how important it is to use every bit of the time you have here to further yourself and better yourselves. Passing by through college and just mundanely participating in the cycle of “go to class, do homework, eat, sleep, repeat” will not help you grow as a person, and it will not help you meet new people and enjoy your time here. I know plenty of upperclassmen that are on the cusp of graduating regretting how they never got a true “college experience.” It’s up to you to actually experience college, and no one else.”

All-in-all, it’s no surprise that Brian is this week’s Campus Cutie at Rowan University. If you happen to see him around campus, be sure to introduce yourself to this well-spoken and genuine young gentleman.