This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Hey, Profs!  I can’t wait for you to meet this week’s campus cutie!  She loves to laugh, loves to read, and loves to help others.  She inspires many through her dedication and hard work. 

I’m so excited to introduce you to…Alia Reeb!

Alia is a junior here at Rowan University, pursuing degrees in both Elementary Education and English.  When she graduates she wants to teach either elementary school or middle school language arts.  Alia is on the e-board for the Undead Poets Society, celebrating all things literature! She is also a founding member of Sigma Delta Tau, one of Rowan’s newest sororities. 

I got to sit down with Alia to hear all the details about being a founding member of a sorority:

“I love being a founding sister. It gave me a new outlook on life and I met so many girls through the process of becoming a founder. It was a great way to see what goes into maintaining a sorority and how to successfully charter one. I also love when people say to me, “You’re a founder? That’s awesome!”  It gave me a new sense of leadership.”

Alia has been involved in many service projects and events within her sorority.  Some of the events that she has been involved in are Back to the Boro, making a pinwheel garden to raise money for PCAA (Prevent Child Abuse America), and selling “Girls Achieve Grapeness” nail polish for JWI (Jewish Women International).  She’s also helped with Mustache Match in 2015, which benefits the American Stroke Association, St. Baldrick’s in 2015, Rowan’s Dance Marathon in February, and Relay for Life at Rowan.  Alia tries to get involved as much as she can.  Alia’s passion for getting involved, helping others and being a leader led her to become SDT’s Vice President of Finance.  She’s a committed individual who does everything she can to lead others in a positive and encouraging manner.  

Along with being VP of Finance for her sorority, Alia’s role as an e-board member of the Undead Poets Society demonstrates her dedication to leadership.  Alia loves being a part of the Society because she loves reading, especially books that hook her from the very beginning.  

Here are 3 other interesting facts about Alia:

1. “My favorite meal of the day is probably breakfast. Actually, it’s definitely breakfast.”
  2. “I like to watch Netflix and nap.”
  3. “I can bend my thumb to touch my arm.”

I hope that you get the chance to meet her because you’ll definitely enjoy her company!

I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.