1920s Hair, Makeup and Dress for Rowan’s Great Gatsby themed Winter Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

As Saturday’s Winter Ball approaches, it’s time to start thinking about hair, makeup and a dress appropriate for the event for those of you sticking with the 1920s theme. Achieving a Daisy Buchanan look does not require a time machine. Check out the recommendations below and you will accomplish great attire for the ball in no time!

HAIR: If you don’t already have a 1920s-esque short bob, no worries! You can still achieve an appropriate look in two ways. Keep your long locks and try pin curling your hair by using a curling wand and lightly brushing out the curls for a retro feel.

Or go with a faux bob by curling your hair to give it texture and then pinning the hair underneath itself at the nape of your neck. Add a headband to your style for an extra glamorous done-up look.

MAKEUP: You can’t go wrong pairing classic red lips with winged liner or deep brown smoky eyes. If you can, aim for a deeper red like MAC’s Lipstick in Hang-Up since women of the 1920s typically gravitated towards wearing deeper shades.

DRESS: The 1920s were all about dresses adorned with fringe and sequins. Pair yours with a long pearl necklace for a little something extra.

Have a great time!

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University