11 Reasons to Hate Your Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The media is constantly portraying the ideal body, and you know what? They’re right! Here are 10 perfectly acceptable reasons to hate your body. I can’t believe it took me this long to realize that everything in the media is true!

1.       You don’t have wings so you can only walk or drive to your favorite places

2.       You don’t have a mermaid tail and can’t go exploring under the sea with Ariel

3.       You don’t have a pouch like kangaroos, so there’s nowhere to store yummy snacks

4.       You can’t shoot spider webs from your wrists and swing across the NYC skyline

5.       You can’t shoot lasers from your eyes and have to use a microwave to heat up your food

6.       You can’t air/earth/water/fire bend and you never quite got over that

7.       You don’t have hair like Rapunzel so your friends have to use the stairs when they visit you

8.       You aren’t blue so you can never play the role of Smurfette

9.       You aren’t a chameleon and can’t blend into your surroundings during awkward situations.

10.   Your dream to wake up as the newest Powerpuff Girl never came true.

11.   You are completely unique and beautiful exactly how you are and come on, who wants that?

But hey, at the end of the day what can you do right? I guess just be yourself and if that doesn’t work for the world then who cares?

I've never really been good at writing biographies, so here is a quick list of facts about me instead! My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid I rode my bike into a pole when I was eight York Peppermint Patties are my favorite chocolate Walking in the rain is my favorite thing to do (when it's raining, of course) Snakes absolutely terrify the crap out of me. Have a happy day! P.S Live to love, love to live!