Cute Valentine’s Day Ideas for Your People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Cute Valentines Day Ideas Your People

Boo

The classic struggle of what to do with your boo. Do you want to do something super romantic (ie. flowers, teddy bears, chocolate), or something more unique (skydiving??). Either way, there is always so much pressure around this day. First of all, why not check out some of these ideas from our fellow collegites: (http://www.hercampus.com/love/relationships/6-valentine-s-day-date-ideas-you-haven-t-tried)! However, my advice is to keep it chill. If you and your boo have been dating since Orientation or are a new item, you have traditions! It could be a fave late night diner you like or a tv show or even a stroll down by the Genesee. Either way, it could be fun to revisit some favorite memories! Finally, don’t stress! You are a lovely soul worthy of affection and make sure to enjoy the day!  

Parents

Let’s be real, your parents are the most important people in your life. They are always there to give you a pep talk and advice. Of all the people in your life, they deserve all the love in your world. On this Valentine’s Day, call your parents! Write them a list of all the reasons you love them and appreciate all they do for you. Or, if you’re near your parents, why not invite them over for dinner or out to lunch! This will for sure make their day and their smiles will make yours!

Bae

Okay, let’s talk about your bae. The person you are kinda seeing…but also kinda not. Valentine’s Day can be an awkward subject to bring up because it has so many expectations. However, there is totally a way to keep it chill and low stress. First of all, take some time to appreciate yourself by taking a few minutes to tell yourself how awesome you are! Maybe take a yoga class, read a book in your fave study spot, go for a run down by the river, or buy that new pair of shoes you’ve been wanting. You deserve some self-love honey! In terms of your bae, Valentine’s Day can be perfect way to try sometime totally new and random! Why not go for a hike or try rock-climbing? Anything other than the typical dinner-movie date is a fun way to have a good time without too much stress!   

Best Guy Friend

Your best guy friend can for sure hold a special place in your heart. Again, the expectations of Valentine’s Day are complicated enough and you don’t have to deal. Any gift that is an inside joke is always good. Also, why not get him some feminist clothing for his wardrobe? Who wouldn’t want a tee-shirt with the notorious Ruth Bader Ginsburg on it?   

And then the next week, go buy all the discount chocolate.

My name is Madeline and I am freshman at the University of Rochester. I row on the crew team and am planning on a double major in neuroscience and women's studies on a pre-med track. I am also involved with the Eco-Reps on campus and I love to read and play the piano.