Do you ever feel like you need to find yourself or even find peace within yourself? Do you ever feel like the world around you is weighing heavy on your shoulders and you just want to get away? There is an easy solution to these feelings and it can simply be running. You do not have to run at your full pace and not even fast at all, a simply jog will work.
Running is often thought of as a solitary activity that no one wants to neither do nor think about. But, what they do not know is that this dreaded activity can be a way to build peace within yourself, a healthy lifestyle and can easily clear your mind of what is going on around you.
Running can be summed up in one simple statement “it is one of the simplest forms of human expression.”
I have listed just a few tips for you as runners, whether you are a new starter or an experienced jogger:
1. Where sock designed for running. Do not wear cotton socks because it can only lead to extreme blisters and no woman wants that especially when they are wearing cute new heels the same night.
2. Do not carry loose change. It will annoy those running around you and you may possibly loose that change that you might have used for an energy bar or water after.
3. Prepare yourself to remove these following words from your vocabulary: “Don’t” “Can’t” “Won’t” and “Never.” These words are now non-existent.
4. Drink. As in drink lots and lots of water. Keep yourself continuously hydrated because you don’t want to pass out.
5. After a good long jog or even race, do not go into a hot tub. This will cause inflammation of the skin and will cause you to itch all over.
6. Beware of cyclists! They are brutal and you may not think they would run you over, but they would and will.
I hope these few tips will help you in your running experience. Just remember that even though you may not be an experience runner it doesn’t mean you can’t run. And even if you don’t want to run for exercise, just run to help clear your mind. I promise you that you will feel better once you take an hour for yourself and let the air clear your mind.
Whether you look at it as jogging or running, they are both viewed as an activity that can help you find yourself. So go outside or jump on a treadmill and let yourself go!
It’s more than an activity: It’s running
Posted Apr 15 2012 - 10:05pm
You Might Also Like...