Behind Emma’s Glasses: I’m Going to be Your Motivation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
With the end of the semester quickly approaching. It is officially crunch time. Time to do all of those assignments that you have been putting off since September… (remember when it was still nice out and we were too busy hanging out with friends—yeah those assignments)

Well, let me tell you, on Monday I did a 10 page paper in one sitting. Yup, one sitting = roughly 5 hours. It had to be done ASAP since I had to present it in my Monday night class. Mind you this was assigned, yup—in September and actually due by the end of November but then got pushed back to the end of the semester.

I know that times are tough and that it is the “now or never” time period in the semester. Here are some of my pointers:

#1. Sleep is important- but if you can’t sleep due to the stress of the work you have yet to complete see point #2.

#2. Make a to-do list that includes the assignments you still need to complete in order of importance and due date.

#3. For papers: start with an outline, you will be surprised how much your subconscious has been working on your papers while you have been doing other activities.

#4. Take a deep breath- you can do it!  Remember that you have gotten this far for a reason, this will not break you, just keep going.

Now good luck, and get it done ladies!

Are you a procrastinator when it comes to schoolwork? Any methods you use that we should know about? 

A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.