Her Campus Survival Kit: Must-Haves for Practicing Self-Care This Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rice chapter.

In the midst of coursework, exams, extracurricular activities, and applying to graduate/law/medical school, taking care of oneself can often fall by the wayside. Unfortunately, when compared to academic obligations, college students frequently deem their own personal wellbeing to be of least importance. Here at HC Rice, we beg to differ. We believe that, since mental health is just as crucial as physical health, collegiettes perform best academically when they also devote time to practicing self-care regularly. Our back to school survival kit came loaded with products perfect for ~treatin’ yo’self~, and we hope this guide inspires you to do just that!

1. Erin Condren LifePlanners

We could all use a little help getting our lives in order. These LifePlanners, made by designer Erin Condren, are definitely a step in the right direction. Not quite your very own personal assistant, but arguably the next best thing.

2. Aéropostale Accessories

Nobody wakes up each and every single morning feeling happy, but that doesn’t mean you should simply allow yourself to wallow in those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days. Try donning your favorite accessories, like the Aéropostale items shown above. Often, when you feel confident in how you look, you also feel better equipped to handle whatever the world throws your way. Make sure to check out Aéropostale’s denim collection as well!

3. Bed Head by TIGI Styling Products

Dry shampoo is an absolute staple for collegiettes, and Bed Head does it best. Equally necessary is hairspray with some serious hold, so you can continue being the belle of the ball even after the clock strikes midnight.

4. L’Oréal Paris Tanning Mist and Towelettes

Struggling in vain to maintain that summer glow as winter approaches? Fear not, L’Oréal Paris has got your back (and chest and arms and legs). These self-tanning products will see you bronzed in no time, and what’s more, they’re super easy to use, even for novices. The perfect complement to your inner glow.

5. Steripod Toothbrush Protector

Communal bathrooms are nasty, y’all. I mean, ever wonder why your entire floor “coincidentally” gets sick at the exact same time? Airborne contaminants and cross-contamination from other toothbrushes pose constant threats to your health, especially during flu season. Enter the Steripod toothbrush protector—it fits any manual or electric toothbrush, and keeps your toothbrush clean for up to three months. Because you really can’t afford to catch that bug that’s been making the rounds.

6. HI-CHEW Candy

Fact: doing homework is SO much more bearable when you’re simultaneously eating something yummy. HI-CHEW candies are delicious, perfectly bite-sized, and all in all, the ideal addition to your study routine.

7. Freeman Beauty Face Masks

Face masks reign supreme when it comes to easy ways to practice self-care. Who doesn’t feel instantaneously better after slathering on their detoxifying mask of choice? If you aren’t yet a convert, Freeman Beauty’s offerings will surely seal the deal. Whether you’re looking to polish, deep clean, or rejuvenate your skin, these masks have got you covered.

8. Spindrift Sparkling Water

It’s all too rare to stumble upon a drink that tastes great AND treats your body well, but Spindrift’s sparkling water somehow manages both. So go ahead, indulge—nothing to feel guilty about here.

Keep checking our social media pages for info on any upcoming product giveaways! <3 <3 <3

Ellie is a Political Science and Policy Studies double major at Rice University, with a minor in Politics, Law and Social Thought. She spent the spring of 2017 studying/interning in London, and hopes to return to England for grad school. Academically, Ellie's passion lies in evaluating policies that further the causes of gender equality, LGBT rights, and access to satisfactory healthcare, specifically as it pertains to women's health and mental health. She also loves feminist memoirs, eighteenth-century history, old bookstores, and new places. She's continuously inspired by the many strong females in her life, and is an unequivocal proponent of women supporting women.