Things I’ll Miss at Rhodes: Parking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Things I’ll Miss at Rhodes Series

Chapter 2: Parking

Throughout these four years, one of my greatest joys has been the parking experience. It’s not often you can attend a university and have easy access to parking at all times. The endless number of free spaces and complete absence of competition is unparalleled. Never once have I had a near head-on collision with another car in the frat lot, nor circulated through every lot 3 times before finding an obscure space that actually might not even be a space at all. I don’t know how Rhodes does it—as one of the largest schools in the nation, the sheer population of students should make this feat entirely impossible. Who has ever had a parking ticket here? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Exactly. Parking tickets here are completely obsolete. Has anyone even seen a Rhodes College parking ticket? I don’t think they actually exist. The only thing I’ve ever found on my car are friendly notes from Campus Safety, riddled with smiley faces, ongoing games of tic-tac-toe, and the occasional twenty-dollar bill.

If you’re not drawn to this school for the student-athlete experience, liberal arts curriculum, or the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry aura, you must come here for the parking. I did, and it was one of the best decisions of my entire life.

Pics:

Rhodes website

GIPHY

Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo