Shape-Up Rhodes: Upcoming 5Ks and Outdoor Activities in Memphis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Spring is finally here!  It’s time to get outside and have some fun in the sun.  Check out these outdoor activities in the Memphis area. 

If you’re interested in participating in one of these events and want to form a team, post on the bottom of this page so that other Her Campus Rhodes readers can help you out!

2011 Mid-South Mud Run Challenge

Day:  4/9/2011
Time:  9:00 AM
Location:  Millington, TN (Look at website for directions)
Race Information, Directions, and Registration
**Sign up as an individual or as a team!

Help for Hope 5K

Day:  3/25/2011
Time:  6:00 pm
Location:  Harbor Town Square, Mud Island
Register:  Save time and register at Fleet Feet Sports (4530 Poplar Ave Suite 102
Memphis, TN) on Tuesday, March 22 from 5-7pm or Thursday, March 24 from 5-7pm or register the day of the race at the registration table.

2011 Youth Villages 5K Run/Walk

Day:  4/16/2011
Time:  9:00 AM
Location:  Ridgeway Loop off of Poplar and I-240

Register here as an individual or with a team!

Memphis Catholic “Education That Works” Out 5K Run/Walk

Day: 4/3/2011
Time:  Race begins at 2:00 pm
Onsite registration and pre-race check-in will take place from 12:45 – 1:45 pm
Location: 61 N. McLean Blvd.

Sources
http://plus.calendars.net/mrtc

Chelsea is a junior at Rhodes College, class of 2012, majoring in English and minoring in both Chinese & International Studies. She plans to pursue a career in print or broadcast journalism. Her involvement on campus ranges from serving as co-captain of the varsity field hockey team, to being a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, to writing sports & fashion articles for Rhodes' media outlets. Chelsea has interned at CBS Channel 4 News Boston in the sports room, as well as other companies where she enjoyed internships in event-planning, marketing, fashion, jewelry design, and human rights. Aside from work and school, Chelsea enjoys running, music, singing, and shopping online.