jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Culinary Chronicles: Warm & Fuzzy Fall Drink Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

The winds are blowing, the leaves are changing and it’s time to bring the wonderful scents of fall because fall is finally here! With the changes to the weather, it’s time to make some changes in drinks for the fall season. Here are some recipes for some delicious fall drinks!

1. Pumpkin Spice Frappe (for those who shall dare to drink cold drinks during cold times!)
    1 ½ cups of coffee
    2 TBSP of canned pumpkin
    ½ tsp of vanilla extract
    ½ tsp of grounded pumpkin extract
    ½ tsp of sugar
    ½ cup of unsweetened milk
    Some cinnamon and/or nutmeg

Blend the coffee, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, sugar, milk and vanilla together (add a pinch of cinnamon if you’d like!). Pour into a cup and add whatever toppings you like (whipped cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever)! For more fun, add a drizzle of chocolate on top, because let’s be honest, who doesn’t love some chocolate?

2. Pumpkin Chai Latte
    1 cup of hot water
    1 or 2 teabags (depends on how strong you want it) of chai tea
    1/3 cup of soy milk (heated)
    2 TBSP pumpkin spice syrup

Start by putting tea bags into hot water and let it sit until you have your desired strength of tea. Pour in the heated soy milk & pumpkin spice syrup, mix it all together and enjoy!

3. Spiced Apple Cider
    1 gallon of apple cider
    2 TBSP of cloves
    9 cinnamon sticks
    2 tsp nutmeg
    Orange cut into thin slices

Add all ingredients together in a pot and bring it to a boil. Strain out the cloves, cinnamon sticks, oranges, and nutmeg and voila! Spiced Apple Cider for you to enjoy! Simple right?

4. Salted Caramel Mocha
    ¾ cup of coffee
    ½ cup of soy milk (or any milk)
    1 ½ TBSP of caramel sauce
    1 ½ TBSP of cocoa powder
    A little bit of sea salt
    More caramel sauce for drizzling!

Have coffee prepared and ready to go. Heat up the milk. Put caramel sauce, cocoa powder, and sea salt into the coffee and also add the heated milk. Stir everything together. If you find that you want more caramel or cocoa, add as needed. Finish off the drink with a mountain of whipped cream, drizzle a bit of caramel sauce on top of that and sprinkle a little sea salt over it all!

Bundle up, try out these recipes and you’re in for a warm, soothing sensation!

Priscilla is a senior at Rhodes College, a liberal arts college located in Memphis, TN. She intends on majoring in Commerce & Business and minoring in International Studies. She currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief & Her Campus Rhodes Campus Correspondent. In addition to working on the Her Campus Rhodes team, Priscilla is a sister of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, Rhodes College Diplomat, Rhodes Activities Board representative, and a Rhodes Peer Assistant. She loves flowers, hiking, cooking, music, hanging out with friends and exploring good Memphis eats!