Campus Cutie: Adam Cruthirds ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Name: Adam Cruthirds

Year: 2020

Hometown: Memphis, TN

Campus Involvement: RAB Representative, Day Scholar, Ultimate Frisbee, RUF attendee, Willing to help out with anything concerning St. Jude

Relationship Status: Taken by the awesomest girl in the world, Sophia Quesada

1. Where was your first kiss?

Oh gosh, it was sophomore year and I was really self-conscious because I hadn’t kissed a girl. I started dating someone (without kissing her before asking her out) and we went on a date somewhere and I dropped her off at her place. As she was walking back I awkwardly yelled her name and she came back to my car and I kissed her and then she laughed so I still don’t know to this day if it went well or not.

2. Rat or Lair?

And why… Rat if I’m digging some Indian food and lair if I actually want something that tastes good.

3. What is your secret, guilty pleasure show on Netflix?

“Bob Ross: Beauty is Everywhere,” if I ever have trouble falling asleep all I have to do is turn that show on and I’m out like a light.

4. What’s your favorite feature of a girl?

If she gets along with my family she’s definitely a keeper.

5. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Off the top of my head, I jumped in a fountain for $50 on prom night in a full tux.

6. What would be your spirit animal?

Yellow Labrador Retriever, not too smart but can be the best of friends.

7. If you could pick one place on the planet to travel to, where would you go?

Top of Mt. Everest so I can say I’ve been there without going through the trouble to climb it.

8. What are you most passionate about? 

St. Jude. Saved my life and I am forever grateful for that.

9. And finally, I’m sure our readers are dying to know, are you currently crushing on someone?

I sure hope you’re not dying cause I am perfectly content with Soph. (Selena Gomez is pretty hot tho)

If you want to learn more about Adam’s journey and fight against childhood cancer, follow this link: http://adamsarmy.net

Sign up for the team “Adam’s Army” for the St. Jude Walk/Run next weekend!  http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Walk/Walk…

Katie Keller Rhodes College Junior
Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo