The Top 10 Fashion Trends to Spring Into!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

1. Pastels: 
    From bubblegum pink to mint green, pastels in a range of subdued hues will soon be available in the form of skinny jeans, blouses, heels and even nail polish. This trend will revamp the previously established color-blocking trend by replacing bold, bright hues with the paler and more subtle feminine tones.
  2. 1920’s Chic: The re-adaptation of The Great Gatsby, set to hit theaters December 2012, has inspired designers such as Chanel, Gucci, and Marchesa to craft beautiful drop-waist flapper-style frocks and pair them with layered chain statement necklaces and headpieces adorned with feathers and gems.
  3. Bold Prints: A kaleidoscope of loud graphic prints will be all the rage this spring. From Aztec-inspired to eye-popping florals to animal print, this trend is for those who wish to make a silent statement.
  4. Pencil heel: Chunky funky platforms are out and slender, delicate pencil heels are back in. Tread lightly, ladies, or you may twist an ankle.
  5. The Hourglass Silhouette: This trend is super-flattering for almost every body type. Cinched waists accentuate your curves in all of the right places. Get the look by belting your dress.
  6. Pleated skirt: Flowy and feminine, the pleated skirt will showcase your ladylike side. Looks great belted with a blousy top.

7. Tangerine: This tangy orange hue will soon be seen on everything from skinny pants to swimsuits. Great for adding a bright pop of color to the rest of your ensemble
8. Yellow and Black: Perhaps inadvertently raising awareness for the Colony Collapse Disorder in honeybee populations, designers such as Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, and Nicole Miller use Steelers colors in everything from elaborate ball gowns to the more casual black pants and yellow-and-black patterned blouse combo.
9. Anoraks: These sporty, utilitarian jackets are perfect for adding sporty flair to balance out the overpowering femininity of a floral dress.
10. The Crop Top: This midriff-revealing trend exploded last summer and is back for spring. The prerequisite is a Pilates-toned tummy. 

Dress: Adabelles
Skirt: Francesca Collection
Shoes: Aldo
Photo Source: SocialStudiesDC.com

Molly is a senior print journalism major and psychology minor at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys cooking, baking, reading, and spending as much time on the beach as possible. Molly loves to travel, and recently brought home a dog, Kodiak, from Rincon, Puerto Rico in January 2011. She is an aspiring food writer for publications such as Gourmet, and Fine Cooking. In preparation for this career, Molly spent the summer of 2011 working on an organic farm, and hopes to attend the Culinary Institute of America after graduating from QU in the spring. Having been a transfer to Quinnipiac in the fall of her sophomore year, Molly knows the importance of being outgoing and friendly, and hopes to make many wonderful memories during her last year in Hamden.