This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

This week Nicki Minaj has released two new songs, Barbie Tingz and Chun-Li. Both songs have ended up on Billboard’s Hot 100 at number 13 and 16.

Now… Nicki Minaj is no underdog, she knows exactly what she is doing. With releasing these two new songs during the week of Cardi B’s debut album she is reminding people to not sleep on her. Although there is no present feud between Cardi B and Minaj and they recently featured on Migos’ song Motorsport together, Nicki has not faced a threat to her like Cardi B since she became famous.

Nicki is planning on releasing a new album this year to compete with Cardi B and let her remember who was first. The rap world is a tough industry for females since there are so few, 2018 has been a special year for women in hip hop and it will be interesting to see how well Cardi B and Nicki Minaj succeed throughout the year. 

Lisa Ferrara

Quinnipiac

Hi! My name is Lisa Ferrara and I am a 3+1 Graphic Interactive Design and Media Studies major. I am from Little Ferry, New Jersey which is 10 minutes outside of New York City. I enjoy traveling, trying and of course documenting ascetically pleasing new foods, and spending times with my family and friends.I love to keep up with new media trends, read an unusual amount of Buzzfeed articles and watch way too many Youtube videos. After graduation, I plan on moving out to L.A. to land a job as a web designer and social media coordinator in a magazine or web company that specializes in fashion, beauty, or pop culture.
Brooke Van Allen

Quinnipiac '19

Hi! My name is Brooke and I'm a Senior at Quinnipiac and the CC of our chapter. In addition to blogging, I am passionate about animal welfare, nature and environmentalism, holistic health, cooking, and travel (I Just returned from a semester abroad in Thailand). I'm a psychology major and am infatuated with the human mind and listening to and helping people with anything going on in their lives.