How To Look Good on Lazy Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

As we all know, after midterms have struck us, the semester throws us into a crazy whirlwind of group projects, essays, quizzes, homework and club and organization meetings through the end of the semester.  So it’s safe to say many of us have more trouble this time of year when it comes to putting a little extra time into ourselves in the morning.  If we take only a few more minutes in the morning to make ourselves more presentable for the day, we will not only look better, but we will also feel better, which will make us perform better during our days of hectic schedules.  With all of that being said, here are some tips on what us collegiettes can do in the morning to look good on our lazy days:

Use concealer.

Adding just a little bit of concealer to the under-eye area has the ability to brighten up your tired face, and covering blemishes not only evens out your skin tone but can also increase confidence.  For brightening up under your eyes, you’ll want to go for a yellow tone that is a shade or two lighter than your natural skin tone to get the highlighted effect.  (The lighter concealer will cancel out your dark circles.)

For covering up blemishes, use a concealer the same shade as your skin tone, since you do not want to highlight your problem areas but instead make them blend into your skin.  If you need a bit more coverage for your blemishes, use a tinted moisturizer, BB cream or light foundation.

Curl your lashes and add mascara.

A lot of women skip the important step of curling their eyelashes.  Curling your eyelashes opens up your eyes and makes your lashes appear longer, since they are now being directed upward rather than flicking straight out.  Curling your eyelashes will also help to make your mascara look even better.  Choose a mascara that focuses on lengthening rather than volumizing.  Mascaras that lengthen lashes will make you look more awake, while a volumizing mascara will give a more dramatic and sultry look that darkens the eyes.

Source hairstyles from Pinterest.

Pinterest is a great source to use for finding hairstyles to do on days when you’re not only lazy but are just clueless as to what to do with your hair—whether it be extremely frizzy or second-day hair.  You can find picture inspiration or even find links to tutorials from YouTube on how to do these hairstyles.  Simply search something along the lines of “lazy day hair”, and thousands of images will come across the screen of your laptop.

For a lazy day with limited time, you can never go wrong with a messy bun or a topknot if you’re looking to get your hair out of your face.  If you feel more comfortable with your hair hanging down, try headbands, intricate braids, high ponytails, or a half up-half down look.  If you’re on second- or even third-day hair, be sure to apply some dry shampoo before doing one of these hairstyles.

Wear accessories.

What takes an outfit from looking unpolished and home-y to crisp and clean?  Accessories!  Adding a scarf or a statement necklace to your look will automatically give the illusion that you put more thought into your outfit than you actually did.  If you’re even more into jewelry, add a watch or bracelets, but be sure to not be too over the top when it comes to this.  (Remember: less is more.)

If you need to bundle up, try adding a leather jacket, military jacket or denim jacket over your plain t-shirt.

With these simple tips you’ll be sure to look better and feel better on the days when you’re feeling a tad lazy.  Remember, it only takes a few extra minutes to implement these steps into your morning routine, so why not try them out?  You’ll have your roommates and friends wondering how you look so vibrant and awake during such a hard time of the semester.  Stay lively, Bobcats!

Hey everyone! I'm Christina Ruenes. I am a junior at Quinnipiac University from Long Island, New York. I'm an International Business Major, Marketing Minor. I have a wide range of interests including travel, fashion, news, history, beauty, and entertainment. I ultimately enjoy writing about topics that I find interesting and that I think other collegiates would like to read about.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!