The Dos and Don’ts of #QuadLife

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Alas, Bobkittens, it is finally beginning to get warmer out.  The sun is shining, the snow has melted (most of it, anyway) and the grass is showing.  We all know that warmer weather results in students relaxing on the quad, whether it be by tossing a Frisbee or simply getting a good ole’ dose of of Vitamin D.  Here are my dos and don’ts for what is appropriate quad behavior.

Do: Chat with friends

It is totally acceptable to simply relax and sit down on the quad and chat with friends.  In fact, this is what most QU students do.  You can either bring a blanket to the quad to heighten the relaxation levels or merely sprawl out on the grass and chill.

Don’t: Work on your tan in your bikini

Yes, it is nice to have sunkissed skin, but please do not hop into your bikinis and lay out on the quad to get tan.  First of all, this is an aggressive move.  Second of all, your professors walk around campus and can see you in your bikinis.  Things will just get to awkward, creepy levels.  So, ladies, leave the tanning for this summer in your own backyards.

Do: Bring a volleyball, Frisbee, etc. to play with

Sometimes just sitting on the quad can be a little boring.  If you have a Frisbee or some kind of outdoor game laying around in your dorm, bring it with you!  Play with your friends or even invite others on the quad to play, too.

Do: Eat on the quad

Why not take advantage of the beautiful spring weather and eat a meal on the quad?  You can eat and enjoy the fresh air.  Oftentimes, I eat my lunch on the quad when it’s nice out; it helps relax me, and the sunshine boosts my mood.

Don’t: Drink on the quad

This is also an aggressive move.  Again, our professors do walk around campus and chances are they do know who their students are. Do you want them to see you in this environment?  Probably not.  It’s also disruptive to those who are just trying to relax or even get homework done.  Keep it classy, collegiettes.

Do: Bring your speakers and play some music.

Everyone enjoys some nice tunes to listen to while chilling on the quad.  But rap and scream-o are a little too much.  Keep your music light, yet fun.

Do: Get work done.

It is finally warm out, and it won’t be warm for long.  Take advantage of the sunlight and do some studying on the quad.  Plus, being outside in the warmth won’t make studying or getting an assignment done seem like such a pain!

Those are my dos and don’ts for quad activities.  Hope to see all you collegiettes on the quad for the tail end of the semester!

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!