A Cup of Tia: Take a Study Break, Without Losing the Concentration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Hi Collegiettes!
  I’m taking a study break to write this blog to you and I thought what are some of the best ways to take a study break without losing too much concentration on your work all together? Which, of course I do very often (I’ve really been loving naps lately, oh and pinterest, oh and the gym and…). So here’s a list of some great ways to take your eyes off your work for a bit:

Coffee Break- Of course it’s probably the most obvious one but hey, some people need a wake up call and I definitely do (or an awesome smoothie can do the trick too)

Top 10 list- Construct a list of the things you want to do before you finish the year out and stick to it! It’s always a great feeling when you accomplish a goal. Remember to add some fun things in there ;)

Walk- 15 minute walks are proven to clear your head so go get those muscles moving a bit and take some DEEP breaths of fresh air!

Youtube it- Find some funny videos to relieve your stress. Here’s the top 10 funniest http://www.squidoo.com/top10youtubevideos

Meditate: Now I don’t have the patience but some of you may and apparently it’s very helpful to those of you who can take a breather and make all of your thoughts disappear. You guys are like magicians!

Stretch- Touch your toes, wiggle your nose. It helps. (The wiggling is just fun)

Eat a snack and drink some water- Sometimes you become dehydrated and hungry (along with cranky). Get yourself some quick energy and grab some food at the caf.

Sing- Sing your favorite song, it’ll pump you up. I always listen to my favorite songs in the car in the morning singing at the top of my lungs to wake myself up and get ready for the day, it really works.

Play a game of solitaire- I know you probably forgot about that game with all the cool techy ones out there right?

Last thing…don’t overdo the studying. You need to have balance and there is such thing as over studying.

Happy Studying!

Tia Meyers

Quinnipiac

Tia is a senior public relations and marketing major at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys singing, kayaking, cooking, travelling, and dance. She is an only child and it has made her a very outgoing young woman. Tia’s motto is “you can’t be old and wise if you’re never young and crazy” and believes that you should be a person to look up to, always be true to yourself and to try anything and everything you can. Tia loves to watch tv and read, her favorite show is New Girl and her favorite book is “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. Tia is addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, rings, peanut butter and the beach.