5 Reasons to Love Going Home for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

May Weekend is over, the last week of classes is almost over, and a week of finals is awaiting us.  Although the end of the semester is a complete bummer, summer vacation is around the corner!  It’s no doubt this has been a great year at Quinni, but there’s truly no place like home.  Here are five reasons why every Bobcat should love going home for summer vaca:

1.  Home-cooked meals

We love Chartwells and all, but what’s better than mom’s cooking and a dinner with the fam?  Plus, you’re free from boys asking you to pay for their meals.  #icanteven

2.  Sleeping in your own bed

Leaving your comfy bed for a brick of a mattress from September to May is one of the most difficult good-byes.  Honestly, why can’t college beds be comfortable EVER?

3. Flip-flop-free showers

If you’re one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have to do this on the daily at school, I’m jealous.  This goes for communal bathrooms, as well….I don’t even want to go there.  Ugh.

4.  Rekindling with your family and friends from home (including the furry ones!)

The best memories have been created this school year, but now it’s time to make even more with everyone at home.  Plus, there’s always much needed gossip/boy talk to catch up on with your girls…preferably over some wine.

5.  Being free from school-related stress

We have almost four months off from school; this means no essays, exams, or presentations.  Although some collegiettes will be interning or working, nothing feels more relieving than taking a break from school.

If you’re stressing before finals, remember these five little reasons why summer break is the best.  And continue to remind yourself that it’s all only two weeks away!  Best of luck, collegiettes!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!