The Queen Has Arrived: Lauren Berger To Speak At PSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

You may have heard quite a buzz going on around campus recently about an upcoming speaker who is making her second visit to Penn State. You may have also heard that this speaker happens to be considered the most in-demand career and internship expert in the nation. 

Well, we’re here to confirm that C.E.O. & Founder of InternQueen.com Lauren Berger will be arriving in Happy Valley on Monday, October 20th to speak to thousands of eager students ready to take their future careers to the next level. If you’re not already familiar with this woman, believe us, you want to be.

Commonly referred to as the “Intern Queen”, Berger is known both for her incredible feat of completing fifteen successful internships during her college career (no, seriously…fifteen), as well as her expert advice outlining exactly how to master a future career after college graduation. She shares these expertise in her national best-seller All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship, Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience, as well as her most recent publication, Welcome To The Real World, which debuted on April 22nd. Through these books, Berger demonstrates her years of experience by re-writing the rules for millennials in the workplace and explaining exactly how to survive in their first, second and third jobs after graduation. Her advice has been sought out by young professionals across the country and has helped countless students follow the path towards a brighter future. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to hear her speak to Penn State students and be sure to come out next Monday at 6 P.M. in 102 Thomas. 

In the meantime, follow her on FacebookTwitterInstagram and LinkedIn for the most up to date internships and resources from the Intern Queen herself!

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.