The Penn State Experience As Told By The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

“I am running away from my responsibilities, and it feels good.” – Michael Scott

1. When Sylly Week ends.

2. When your professor doesn’t allow phones or laptops to be used during class.

3. When people ask, “So, how are you liking UPenn?” even though you have clarified multiple times that you go to Penn State.

4. When the majority of your friends are engineering majors.

5. When you’re having a class discussion and someone tries to interrupt you.

6. When your professor talks for the entire hour and 15 minutes.

7. When you go for tutoring and still have no idea what is going on.

8. When it turns out you’re not immune to the PSU plague.

9. When someone says they are going out on a Tuesday night.

10. When you see the HUB puppies.

11. When none of your snaps make the Campus Story.

12. When you’re relaxing and remember that you have to schedule at midnight which happens to be in five minutes.

13. When you’re at a frat and try to communicate with your friend who is across the room.

14. When you think you see a football player.

15. When you know all the best places in frats to hide your frackets.

16. When people try to tell you that their schools are better.

17. When people try to explain football to you.

18. When you attempt to escape from your cycle of Wingz Over and Ben & Jerry’s.

19. When the DJ doesn’t take requests.

20. When you’re stuck talking to someone at a party and have to make your escape route.

21. When the jungle juice runs out, so you’re stuck drinking Natty for the rest of the night.

22. Trying to get home after a night out.

23. When your class at Forum gets canceled.

24. When the line at Chipotle is out the door.

25. When you’re trying to have a good time at a party, but your friend is trying to make her Snapchat Story a documentary about you.

26. When someone starts bragging about their 4.0.

27. When you finally get Canyon.

28. When your friend won’t share their chicken basket with you.

29. When Saquon starts jumping over people in Beaver Stadium.

30. When you lose your ID for the fourth time.

31. When the Creamery is one of your favorite places on campus.

32. When the PSU chant gets played at parties.

33. When you talk to one of the football players.

34. When you’re out of Lion Cash.

35. When you tailgate with the best.

36. When people sneak into the student section wearing the opponent’s colors.

37. When you’re singing the Penn State Alma Mater and think about how you never want to leave this place.

38. Two words for you: Finals Week.

39. When you hate coffee but have to drink it to pull off an all-nighter.

40. When you realize that you wouldn’t want to be anywhere but Penn State.

Photo credit: 1

Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.