Brendan Young

Posted -

Year: Freshman

Major: Supply Chain or Accounting (still undecided)

Hometown: Malvern, PA

Relationship Status: Single

HC: So your Big, Dave, was a Campus Cutie. How does that make you feel?

BY: Dave is one of the best guys I know and is one of my best friends here at Penn State. I'm glad we were both interviewed as Campus Cuties. Maybe it'll start a family tradition.

HC: What is your favorite part about being in Beta Theta Pi?

BY: The sense of brotherhood. Beta has a lot of good guys, and I can tell some of them will be my friends for life. I didn't get the same sense of brotherhood at any other house while rushing.

HC: What do you want to do with your major?

BY: Interesting question… I'm in the Naval ROTC program here at Penn State, so that means I'll have a 5-year commitment to the Navy after I graduate. As far as my major goes, I want to be a forensic accountant for an accounting firm or possibly even the FBI.

HC: Describe yourself in 5 words.

BY: Witty, insightful, unorganized, fun, shy.

HC: What is one thing no one would ever guess about you?

BY: I am actually very different once you get to know me, compared to when you first meet me.

HC: Favorite food?

BY: Steak Marsala.

HC: If you could take one celebrity on a date, who would it be and why?

BY: I'm going to have to go with Jennifer Lawrence. She's gorgeous and one of my favorite actresses.

HC: What are you pet peeves?

BY: Indecisiveness, people who are really loud for no reason and people who aren't open-minded.

HC: What are your biggest turn offs in a girl?

BY: When girls are standoffish, judgmental, immature and constantly on their phones.

HC: Biggest turn on?

BY: I like it when a girl is confident, intelligent and has a witty sense of humor.

HC: Favorite movie?

BY: Tie between Good Will Hunting and Fight Club.

HC: What is your ideal date?

BY: I'm a big golfer, so the ideal date would be teaching a girl how to golf on the driving range followed by a nice dinner.

HC: What is something you want to cross off of your bucket list?

BY: I want to travel to all 59 National parks. I've been to 9 so far, so I have a long way to go.

HC: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received and from whom?

BY: It's called the 24-hour rule. If you get disappointed, grieve for 24 hours and move on. If you have success with something, celebrate for 24 hours then get back to work. I was told that advice from Justin Kurpeikis. He's an ex-NFL player and PSU grad. He spoke at one of my ROTC briefing sessions.

About The Author