jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best of Both Worlds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Our snapshot for the week is one of the many picturesque nature trails that can be found around State College. This particular one is the Bellefonte Central Rail Trail located on the north end of campus near the Arboretum. This image is just one of the many reasons why we Staters don’t mind going to a school “in the middle of nowhere”. We know, for many, the exictement of heading off to a big city school with the nonstop action and hustle and bustle of it all may seem the like the ideal way to spend four years, but we feel a little differently around here. Sure, we love our cities. We visit them on the weekends, and heck, the Mega Bus can take you to just about any major location on the East Coast, but when it comes down to where we want to end up at the end of the night, there’s no place like home in the valley. Sure, it may seem a little turned down on the north end of campus, but the second you cross College Ave., there are endless possibilities awaiting you. And isn’t that just the best of both worlds? Yeah, we think so too. 

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.