This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Since the spring semester has ended, and summer is just around the corner, Easy Mac, sushi from Redifer and sandwiches from The Mix are no longer your go-to snacks. With these tasty treats, you’ll have no choice but to get into the swing of summer.

1. Raspberry Lemonade

This sweet drink is exactly what it sounds like: two cups of fresh raspberries, a little sugar and six lemons, and you have a delicious treat to sip by the pool.

2. Blue Hawaii

For those of you who are of age, this coconut and pineapple cocktail will remind you of the waves along Waikiki Beach.

3. Strawberry Mango Salsa

Nothing beats having a tasty, fresh salsa to accompany salty chips as an appetizer before your meal. This salsa, made with all fresh ingredients, is the perfect starter for any meal. 

4. Caprese Skewers

Caprese is a classic appetizer. This version, in the form of finger food, is a great addition to the table – especially at a barbeque!

5. Lemon Garlic Shrimp Kabobs

When I think of summer, I always think of my parents grilling shrimp on the barbeque, so this yummy kabob satisfies my summer tastebuds!

6. Grilled Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers

Grilling is a big thing in my house, especially chicken. The grilled pineapple gives these burgers a tropical feel that will have you feeling like you are in paradise.

7. S’more Pie Pops

Ahhh, s’mores. This classic summer treat with a twist is something people from one to 100 will enjoy.

8. Sand Cups

Last but not least, a cute spin on the classic “dirt” cup – “sand” cups with little Teddy Grams as the beach-goers.

If these don’t get you in the mood for summer, I don’t know what will! Enjoy collegiettes!

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.